Sunday, February 28, 2010

February 2010

Jp's 2 month sabbatical from Intel officially began on the 22nd of this month. YEAH!!

Jp has a season pass to Sierra, a ski resort near Lake Tahoe. Above is the view from one of the peaks at the resort.


Notice anything different? He shaved his goatee off...his bare chin hasn't made an appearance in over 4 years.

Linus had surgery earlier this month. He had an ear hematoma that needed to be fixed. The vet shaved his ear flap and drained all the pooling blood out, then to make sure the ear heals properly that plastic device was stitched. Our poor little dog had to spend the night at the vet so they could monitor him. The first couple nights home he whimpered from the pain. Luckily he was given pain killers to help.

The "Collar of Shame" didn't last long. Linus hates wearing it and runs into everything, so we took it off. He is a good patient and pretty much leaves his ear alone. (We have to remind him every once in a while.) He got his stitches out on Friday after 3 long weeks. It looks like the surgery was a success and his ear is healing well.

This picture is for my mom. I'm glad she talked me into giving this African Violet another chance. It hasn't bloomed in almost 2.5-3 years and I thought I killed it. Moving it into our master bathroom was a great idea and now there are 2 blossoms coming up.

2 comments:

emily a. said...

Poor poor Linus. Don't they have those shield things for boys too? He's probably just embarrassed it's purple.

Sharon and John said...

The Cone of Shame, LOL!!! I'm glad he got his little ear taken care of. I love the flower too. How nice for JP to be on sabatical, are you going to climb through the grand canyon with him?