Monday, June 23, 2008

"Stolen Time"

Jp and I decided to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and go backpacking in Desolation Wilderness. We got our permit and hiked about 5 miles to our destination, though meadows of flowers and butterflies, to Sylvia Lake. It was beautiful and very peaceful. There is nothing like carrying everything you need to survive on your back. We even dined on a gourmet dehydrated meal of beef stroganoff. It was yummy!! We felt that the time we had this weekend was "stolen" from normal life...and we enjoyed every minute of it.
Sylvia Lake

Me with my pack and Linus.


Jp and Linus coming back from exploring our surroundings.


Jp making dinner at our campsite.

7 comments:

emily a. said...

Oh my, I'm so jealous Nat! It looks amazing out there and I miss being out in the middle of no place. I'm glad you two got away for a bit.

tina said...

Oh Nat, I love your new look! it's so fun. What a fun weekend just the three of you! It's nice to have quite time like that. Enjoy your home projects!

The Denneys said...

How nice to be able to get away. It looks beautiful. Are you affected by the fires going on in California?

Nielsen's said...

I've been meaning to comment for a long time and I guess at 2:45 am I finially will! Your house is soooo beautiful! You guys did such a good job. Your hike/camp out looks like such a beautiful place--so peaceful. Natalie, I love it when you comment on my blog. The girls love to hear what you say too! How's school? How much longer? Are you guys surviving the high gas prices in CA? My stomcah turns when I see how much it is there on the news. Isn't Allen too cute! Take care you two!

Camille Nielsen said...

JP and Natalie,
I love Blogs! It makes me feel so much more connected to get pictures instantly and feel a part of your lives. I know you had a great time camping. Must have been high elevation - I saw snow. I should do a blog of our trip to Scandinavia. Keep the blog up! Love ya,
MOM

Greg Nielsen said...

JP, I can't wait to go camping with yo' junk sometime soon!!! Looking forward to your visit to Japan next week. Too bad you are not staying longer or we could hike Mt. Fuji together.

See you soon!
Greg

Greg Nielsen said...

Bro! I soooo wish I could join you for a camping trip sometime soon. It looks so awesome, I love the wilderness opportunities of the US.